9.02.2007

Applesauce, Michael's and Three Day Weekends!!



So, I made applesauce on Sunday and let me tell you with only 8 average size apples, 1 cup of water, 1TBSP lemon juice and 1 cup of sugar - I made the sweetest applesauce I have ever tasted. Now, I am not a huge fan of applesauce. Apples, YES!! Applesauce, not really, but all I can say is YUMMO!! It is so delicious and I didn't even put any cinnamon on it yet. Can you imagine!! Guesss what - I STILL have more apples left. So since the apple jam went over so well, I am going to be making more. Just glad I can be of service to everyone around here!!:)

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. It was so HOT here. We stayed in most of the weekend and of course you already know - I cooked - APPLES - and lots of them. And then I got the Sunday paper with Michael's 50% off coupon AND the sugar & cream was on sale. I didn't care how hot it was, I RAN - RAN people!! Of course, Malachy, my youngest, HAD TO HAVE all kinds of Halloween crafts. I didn't care, because I was in sugar & cream dishcloth heaven and we know all about that!!

No comments: