So where have I been since Wednesday? Well, I have been knitting, of course. I have made some progress on the Four Seasons Throw. I am more than halfway done and I am enjoying every single minute of it. If you have never knit this one up, go check out the booklet. The patterns for each block are beautiful and the change in color and pattern are exactly what I need to keep things exciting. And fast, I tell you, each block goes amazingly quick. With my attention span, I need projects exactly like this one.
I ordered yarn from Knitpicks for a Christmas scarf and I am also making a fairy for my little friend, Onai! The fairy basic doll pattern is from the book Knitted Babes and the fairy accessories is from her book Dream Toys. The yarn to make the dolls from Knitpicks is only $4.00. The scarf pattern is from the book Scarf Style. I am making the Campus Scarf The yarn for the scarf is knitpicks swish superwash ($3.29/skein) and for the fairy I am using knitpicks palette yarn ($1.99/skein).
I also need to whip up some dishcloths for my kids teachers. I already bought these great velvet and crocheted drawstring bags and I am also putting in there a candle and some hand cream. I would love to get this gift, so I hope the teachers will be happy.
I have had so much time on my hands. For knitting and spending time with friends. Since, you know, since I grew a backbone. Remember when I had alot of loose ends and I was feeling bad and all. Yeah, no, I am good now. Not feeling bad. Feeling actually quite good. Even spending time with my kids is much more fun. There isn't anyone besides my kids and I that I have to worry about. I am taking too much time, I did not call in the last 5 minutes, what is for dinner, where are we going, why are the kids always bringing friends over and on and on and on. So, yeah, life is good. I might stay like this Forever! Yeah, right.
Yesterday, Malachy and I went to some LYS's and then we decided to stop at the beach. Friends called and invited us to lunch and a movie and we decided to go. We had so much fun. No pressure. I like that. I am a no pressure kind of girl. No pressure on me, no pressure on anyone else. Let's just see what happens. It's all good. It's all good.
Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy











2 comments:
"Free at last! Free at last!...." Welcome to the group. We'll need to grab coffee and knit - I will call spontaneously just because we can!
I think I'm a 'no pressure' kinda gal also.
Post a Comment