
Okay, I am loving these. I can make a pair in about 2 hours, start to finish with all ends woven in and on my hands. If you know me at all you would know that I am ALWAYS cold. We're talking on a beautiful summer day I am sitting on the beach and a breeze blows, that's it I get a chill. I love to get in my car and it is burning hot inside and just be. AHHHHHH, the heat feels so good.
Now my kids they're another story. I don't know if it is because they are boys or they are just very hot blooded, but they are ALWAYS warm. They never have shoes or socks on. They wear shorts in the dead of winter. Okay, stop laughing, I live in San Diego and the dead of winter only gets to about 45 and that's at night or early am.
So these little fingerless mitts are not only cute, but functional. You can stay warm and still type on your computer or answer your cell phone with no problem at all. I bought the pattern from leethal knits blog/shop. She has some great handpainted yarn and some really cute patterns. I am on my second pair in two days. Can you believe it?! I also bought some of her handpainted/recycled yarn for yet another pair of mitts. She calls them ninja mitts. How funny is that?!!
I am posting this at work and have no pictures until I get home. I will post the pictures later of my first pair. I have been on Ravelry checking all kinds of fingerless glove patterns and I have quite a few to choose from.
And so you are not bored, I will leave you with a picture of yours truly....HA!! You like the glasses? I don't. I don't even like wearing them, but if you want to see ANYTHING, you'll want to wear glasses!!











3 comments:
Stop laughing? Ha, I started laughing when I read, "dead of winter" San Diego does not get dead of winter. -20 is dead of winter.
I used to laugh when I saw San Diegans wearing sweaters in "winter". Now I understand that they may not be cold, but this is as cold as it will get, so if you're gonna wear it, you better wear it now. lol
Corinne, How can we be bored?! with these wonderful snippets into your life. I'm cold all the time too. Icy hands. I need to get back into some knitting myself. I love Henry Mancini's Moon River and I'm so glad I'm listening to it right now. "My huckleberry friend... Hope Papa Phil is doing well.
Oh I can't wait to see these! I've made wrist warmers which were basically just rectangles of ribbed stitches sewn up with a spot left open for the thumb. I'd love an easy pattern for fingerless gloves because I, too, am always cold. And btw, you're looking very fine these days. Keep up the wonderful knitting! You're making fabulous things!
Post a Comment