1.21.2008

New Countertops!!

So here is my little kitchen before, with the grandma beige tiles and here's my kitchen after. I love, love the granite. I picked the verde bamboo if anyone is interested. I love the way it kind of just moves across the counter, rather than being all mottled as how I am used to seeing granite. I love it. It has changed the look of my kitchen so much, that I now enjoy being in there. You know, just to look at the granite. I love running my hand over the cool surface. Cooking, yeah there's a little bit of that going on too, but there's more admiring than anything else going on in there!!

Now about those cabinets..........

I finished the Knitted Babe for Onai, but I need to buy felt for the eyes and mouth. In the meantime I am knitting a dishcloth for my swap partner.

Mark, Malachy, Onai and myself have been in the weaving mode lately. We have been weaving potholders. Remember these from way back when?! They are fast and fun and the colors are so great and now we can make patterns and all! We have already gifted 4 of them and there's more weaving happening everyday. So don't be surprised if some potholders end up in your kitchen.

I can't believe that my knitting/beading classes end next week. They will be starting again at the end of February. A little break is always good. I had a fun group of girls in my knitting class and my beading class, well.....let's just say that there were a little too many kindergarten students in there and you know how their attention span is. This is what I hear from them, I'm bored, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm bored.....and then there's Malachy, he's in my beading class, he's beading away, quietly and the girls are complaining, complaining, complaining. Jeez. How can they be bored in such an inspiring, fun class of mine. HEH HEH!!

Okay, I left my camera at home and will have to post my kitchen pictures later, but here is a picture of Malachy that he took of himself on my laptop! Now, somedays that is exactly what I look like at the end of the day.




Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy

PS: My Mom called me this morning and said that she was putting her life in Papa Phil's hands, he's driving for the first time since his surgery. His surgery was 1 week ago today. You can't keep him locked up I tell you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my potholder!! Use it every night!! Thank you guys for thinking of me hugs!!

Miss you xoxo

The Artful Eye said...

Glad your Papa is getting well. Great picture of Malachy. It's amazing what a countertop can do to a kitchen. Enjoy!