
First of all, that picture of Papa Phil, that's not me on the right! It actually could be. I need to take a second look sometimes and wonder if I really had dinner with them that night or not. My sister Francesca and I look alot alike, especially when I straighten my hair or wear a baseball cap. Funny, huh! Even our kids sometimes will take a second look. One time when I was visiting my family in NY, I picked up my neice and nephew from school and all these mom's kept waving to me and calling out my sisters name. So being who I am, guess what I did?!! Of course, you got it, I smiled and waved!! Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave. If you've seen the movie Madagascar you just laughed!!
God, I miss them. It's been one full year since I was last in NY. Before January 2007 I went to NY in November 2006 for Thanksgiving and July 2006. Three visits in 6 months and now nothing in 1 year. AND what a year! Alot of things transpired in 2007. Malachy turned 5 and started kindergarten, whoohoo!! Matthew turned 14 and started High School. Mark turned 11 and started 5th grade(just felt like I needed to add that and of course, I won't tell you how old I became last year), moved from my house and neighbors, that I love, to a townhouse that's 1 mile away. I finally ended a 7 year relationship that had been going downhill for almost 2 years. I started working again, after not working for 15 years. Man, I'm tired just writing all of this! Can you imagine living it.
I have to say, I love my kids, I really, really do, but being a single Mom to three boys is not an easy task. It is probably the number one hardest job I have ever had in my life. Yet, it is the most rewarding, fun, tiring, inspiring. My hat is off to all Mom's for all they do everyday and it's not easy to also "take care" of a husband, too, but a single Mom!! My Mom was a single Mom for many years and I always respected and admired her courage and determination in raising 3 daughters on her own, but now, now that I am in her shoes (so to speak), I am in awe.
You know, people always say to me "I don't know how you do it", but you know what, you do. You just do it. There is no other option for me. I am very happy. I would not want it any other way, right now. This is my place. This is where I need to be. I have my kids and my family. I have my work and my hobbies. I have my friends. So to all you single Mom's out there, go out there and live life and laugh, hug your kids and don't forget to feed the cat/bird/dog.....! PS: that trash can wait, so can the laundry and the vaccuming, but the kids, the kids.











6 comments:
You are one AMAZING MOM!!! That's why I adore you!!!
Garbage and laundry wait?? Oh no that's WHY we had they kids... remember?? They do that and WE knit!!!! XOXO
You do it all and STILL look that good - BITCH! Of course, you turned what, 33 this year?
Go see your family - I will watch the kids (I have duct tape).
See, that's what I'm talking about, you guys are great! Who wouldn't love to be me and have friends like you two!!
You are amazing and inspiring. Sounds like you've gone through a very transitional time. I'm excited to see what 2008 brings! Happy times...
Corinne- I send you one million hearts. It takes a special inner strength to do what you and many other single parents do. Thank you for taking care of our future. I wish for 2008 to be kind to you.
you're doing an awesome job. great mom, friend, sister, daughter, blogger, knitter... (crocheter-maybe one day)
i hope you can get to ny at least once this year.
Post a Comment