5.01.2008

100th Post

Wow, this is my 100th post. Woohoo......

I like to decorate and redecorate and rearrange things. Shake things up a bit. I have lived here for 1 year this May 24th and have moved my family/living room around at least 4 times. You would think that my kids would hate it, but no, they indulge me and ooh and ahh at my efforts. You've got to love those boys!! I rearranged Malachy and Mark's room 2x already and they love it every time.

See when I was a kid, I would rearrange my room all the time. My Grandfather did the same and I would go over there (across the street) and help him with the "move" and then we'd sit listening to some Italian Opera and admire our efforts, only to do it again in a few months. I so enjoyed that time with my Grandfather and here I am oh so many years later, doing the exact same thing in my own home, all the while thinking of him. My Grandmother on the other hand does NOT like change. My Grandfather died in 1982 and it is now 2008 and NOTHING has changed in her home. I mean not even a picture or candlestick has been moved. Wow!! I know.

Here is a picture of my newly rearranged family room. Malachy loves the bench in front of the sofa. He thanked me for putting it there for his little feet. Mark loves the chair with ottoman (formerly residing in the garage) in the corner and Matthew, well Matthew had no comment. Pretty successful if you ask me. I just noticed that I need to move that chair in the corner and angle it a little more to the right. Whew, so glad I took that picture!



That glass jar (tomato sauce jar) on the tray is holding Malachy's "treasure" that he found on the playground. Rocks of all different sizes and shapes. He came home with them in his pocket. I was wondering why his jeans were sagging so much.

I love reusing jars. I have one for my tea bags and one for packs of gum. Of course, we have the one filled with marbles and then there are a few smaller ones filled with nuts.

Here is a picture of my little kitchen. I love being in there, for me it really is the heart of the home. That birdcage on top of the fridge...$5.00 at a thrift store. The basket on top of the toaster....$3.00 at a thrift store. I know!




This picture is on the other side of my kitchen. A "dining room" so they say. That table was formerly in the "living room". You can see it in the above picture behind the "family room" sofa. I bought that table at a thrift store for $98.00. It has a leaf and the legs have little wheels on them. I am going to paint my kitchen cabinets....I'm thinking distressed black or maybe a brown (like the chair seats) with black underneath and some black showing through. Hmmmmm.

That is all I have the time to show for today. I will post more of my rearranging/redecorating soon.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!!!

Corinne said...

Thank you, Maria!!

Maria said...

Ha ha - You know I meant to leave more in my comment but was I a hurry, but I have ALWAYS LOVED to rearrange furniture! ha ha My family thinks I am nuts, but they will all tell you that is almost a passion of mine, ha ha! There is nothing like a good rearrangement and a good vacuuming, and you are so fortunate to have that in common with your grandfather! Especially with Italian Opera! I love that whole paragraph!! WOW how cool. Have a great week!

Corinne said...

Maria, I would love to see some of you rearranged furniture!! Corinne

The Artful Eye said...

Corinne,
Your home has such a welcoming feel by your photos. I used to love changing my room as a kid, all the time, it was so invigorating. Now I don't do it as much. I love thrift store finds too. I have lots of great funky things in my home picked up for a song. Repurposing is good.