7.14.2008

Musicless Blog

So I've decided to delete the music from my blog. You know, when I'm on my own blog I enjoy the music, when I go to someone elses blog and they have music, I always want to turn it off. So now I have a musicless blog.

I am posting from work today. I have about 10 minutes of quiet and thought I'd post. Sorry, no pictures.

I have been busy here at work and at home, well you know, it's summertime. There are lemonade stands going on over here at Casa de Craftyloca and Malachy and his friends have been making passes. Passes to get into everywhere. Let me tell you, you'd be very lucky to get your hands on one of these babies. These passes open up all kinds of doors.....the grocery store, Kinko's, Malachy's bedroom. I tell ya, I'd be lost without one of them. I am the official laminator! We set up shop in Matthew's room. He came home and wanted to know what kind of lab project was going on in there!!

I have been gardening. Me the black thumb of all black thumbs. I planted basil and tomato plants. I planted flowers and hot peppers. I am so excited. I already used the basil in my cooking this weekend. I made Pasta Fagioli. It was so delicious and I think it was the basil! And cooking, oh boy, there's a lot of that going on over here, too. I made salsa and guacamole and the pasta fagioli and I roasted red peppers. The red peppers with olive oil and garlic is sooo delicious. Friday night I grilled portobello mushrooms and ate it hamburger style with buns and lettuce, tomato, onion and of course, roasted peppers.

I have also been making a lot of Margarita's! Last night I made sangria. I don't know what that's all about. I keep blaming it on the fact that it's summertime! HA!

Oh yeah, and there's a lot of jello with cool-whip being eaten over here. Again, I blame it on summertime. Anyway, it's all good and it's all fun. My house may not be clean and the beds may not be made, but hey, it's summertime. There are no schedules and no bedtimes. There's only fun, fun, fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaritas and Sangria and I wasn't invited. Maybe you should have called me and you would have known where I was in July!

Gina said...

Heya, Corinne!

I love that Craftyloca sign you have made from all the unique letters! Looks awesome. I might have to steal that, if I could ever figure out how you did it. :-P

Just FYI, I tagged you on my blog to do a meme. So if/when you get a chance head on over there to check it out. Is this how you tag people? GAH, I don't even know!

Have a great weekend!

Gina

Becky L said...

I agree: "Hey, its summer. There are no schedules, no bedtimes. Only fun fun fun"

The Artful Eye said...

Glad to see you are happily enjoying summertime, gardening,cooking, relaxing. I hated Pasta Fagioli as a kid, but love it now. I'll have to try it with some fresh basil.

I often wondered what people thought of music on blog. If I get to a blog with music, I always turn it off. I don't like the distraction and sometimes don't like the music.