10.08.2008

Be Still My Heart


I love small spaces. Always have, always will. I don't like soaring cathedral ceilings. I don't like sweeping staircases. I don't like cavernous rooms that have 3 or more seating areas. To me, small is BIG. Big, in that we are closer as a family in smaller spaces. Okay, sometimes that can really make me nuts, especially when each of my sons have at least one or more friends over. Then and only then, do I wish that I had another wing to my home, where all the children could happily play and be their loud selves.....

Here are just a few photos I found while surfing blogs and such.....
Be Still My Heart.....








I love the word cottage, not mansion. I love the words....vintage, flea market, yard sale, shabby chic.... I love all things cottage, shabby, with a history. I love whimsy. Some of my favorite designers are Tracy Porter and Rachel Ashwell. I love, love their styles. Each different, yet I think (hope) I have meshed the two in my home.



I hope to someday live in a beautiful cottage, with wideplank wood floors and generous molding, creaky stairs, with a front porch and English garden backyard, with loads of chandeliers and books, candles and baking....

I love visiting my favorite blogs and seeing what's in your home. A sneak peek into anothers world!

BE STILL MY HEART

2 comments:

Janet said...

Finally someone said it, I love my small home too. The only thing is, I wish I had a bit more storage space, larger closets etc... Everything else, floorplan, room size and set up, is very comfortable and family friendly.

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

I love the photos you chose and the words you love too. There is something calming about them all. You would like my cousin's style too. She is in San Diego and does furniture. Go to Petitmae.com. Thanks for coming by my blog for brownie week. Come back again soon!