10.27.2008

My List of 20 Little Attitudes of Gratitude

I was just over at Inspired Blog and she has listed 20 Little Attitudes of Gratitude in her home. I am a glass if half full person. I try to instill that in my children. So here is my list of 20:

1. Smile
2. See the good in everyone. Yes, there is something good in everyone.
3. Be the first to apologize.
4. Be the first to offer a hand.
5. Be the first to smile.
6. No complaining.
7. Be in the moment.
8. Always offer a compliment. There is always something that you can say nice about another and we all know how good that feels.
9. Say "I love you", often.
10.Clean up after yourself and help others clean up. Don't wait to be asked.
11.Call your Grandparents, they are always thinking of you.
12.Call your Mother, don't make me worry. That's why you have a cell phone. Not to text your friends.
13.Always say please and thank you.
14.Smile. I know I've already said it, but it is so important for yourself and others.
15.Draw pictures or leave notes or little gifts you made for us. Everyone loves to feel loved and appreciated.
16.Read books together. It makes the story come alive and it becomes a book club we all enjoy.
17.We have photo journals of different occasions in everyone's life. Pictures that I take and also that the kids take. I love the kid's photo perspective. They have their own and keep them in their rooms. They can look back and reflect on their life.
18.Be respectful of others feelings and let yours be known so we are all aware and considerate. If someone is having a bad day or not happy about something, please let it be known and don't take things personally.
19.Wear your heart on your sleeve. I know, but it really is worth it.
20.Smile

I think that having and sharing an attitude of gratitude in your home with your family extends into all areas of your life and it is certainly a good thing.

P.S.: I almost forgot....Forgive. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

3 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

A lovely post full of great wisdom for living! Thanks for linking back to mine and for sharing you post with me!

Blessings,
Melissa

Janet said...

What a nice list. Smile and forgive :)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What a great list! I want more than anything for my boys to be thoughtful of other people.