
I have long curly hair and along with that comes frizz! I try to only use shampoo and conditioner about 2x a week to cut down on the frizz and let the natural oils coat my hair. Lately I have been reading about going No-Poo or no shampoo on blogs like Simple Mom . I have decided to make my own "shampoo", here is the recipe:
In a blender, combine 1 ounce olive oil, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Use as regular shampoo.
I only applied this mixture to my scalp. Then I rinsed with apple cider vinegar, warm water and lavender essential oil mixture. After it was towel dried I applied almond oil.
Let me tell you, if it stays like this or gets even better (as I've heard it will), I am never going back to chemical shampoos and conditioners again. I use A LOT of conditioner and I could not believe how smooth and silky my hair was with just this rinse!....and the almond oil......worked perfect. I have shiny, no-frizz, defined curls!
I am going to have my kids use these mixtures, but I'll but them into squirt bottles so it's easier to dispense!
Until my hair dried, I did have a lingering odor of the apple cider vinegar, but it didn't bother me and as soon as it dried it was gone. I'll give updates and pictures as I continue with no-poo.











1 comment:
Thanks Corinne! I am gonna try this too. I have course naturally wavy hair which of course frizzes. I will try anything to get some shine.
Post a Comment