"Realize that life, not stuff, is what matters. Objects are just objects — if you lose them, if they get stolen or destroyed … it’s not a big deal. They’re just objects — not your life. Your life is the series of moments that is steaming through your consciousness right now, and how you use those moments and what you fill them with is what truly matters, not what you fill your home with. At the end of this short journey, you’ll look back and remember your experiences, the people you loved and who loved you back, the things you did and didn’t do. Not the stuff you had."
From Zen Habits
9.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Oh this is so true! I live life for the people I love, for friends, for being and doing the best I can. As long as I have money for basics and an occasional trip to see my family or to buy a bit more yarn, that is all that matters. PEOPLE matter in my life. THINGS really are just things. Glad you're one of the PEOPLE who matters in my life.
maybe this is why i've been so into "de-cluttering" these days. i just can't get enough. i continue to organize and clear and i just don't want "things". in fact, i mentioned to my husband that if anyone asks what i want for christmas...it's experiences. i don't want things, but rather, experiences with the ones i love. thanks for posting.
I love that Shannon.,...experiences!! That is so perfect! Who ever remembers half the "gifts" we get anyway! Experience.....thank you!!
~Corinne
Post a Comment