9.06.2007

Teaching, Giggling and Maybe Some Knitting!


I love teaching. I love knitting. So what else would a woman do, but go and teach knitting!! I teach knitting in the Solana Beach School District After School Programs. I love, love, love it. Did I say that I LOVE it?!!!! Here is a picture of one class that I taught in the LaMesa School District last year. What FUN we had. I especially loved this class, because these girls took class after class with me for a total of 18 weeks!! We had the best time. They made for their first project, of course, a scarf. Then we went on to cell phone/ipod cases and adorable purses and knitting in the round, they made their first hats!!

I have to tell you with all of the males around me, all the time, knitting with my "girls" is wonderful. I get a daily dose of silliness in the form of young girls and then I get to go home for some male "fun". I know some of you out there know exactly the kind of fun I am talking about. It has nothing to do with giggling or talking about the "cute" boys or what so and so was wearing today. After growing up with 2 sisters and then having 3 boys there is never any giggling going on over at my house. The only giggling is from me and everyone here thinks that I am just weird!! Anyway, I don't care what they think, they are boys!! BOYS. Yes, I hear their are some boys out there who knit, but I don't think they would be giggling and chatting as much as my "girls" and I do!

Classes start again in October and I can't wait. A new year. New students. Oh, the excitement of it all. I will keep you posted with pictures of my new classes. We'll try to keep the laughing to a minimum. We don't want to disturb the other classes going on now, do we?!!!!

No comments: