
I submitted that picture to Fuelmyblog. They are publishing a book about bloggers and the human behind the avatar. It is about bloggers and why they blog.
I wrote: I blog to set my inner muse free. To let out everything that is in my head and is just bursting to get out. I orginally decided to blog for myself and now I have friends and family asking me to post pictures just for them. So this has become so much more than me. It is fun and liberating and I have met and become friends with some amazing people. People I would have never met otherwise. So blog on!!
craftyloca.blogspot.com/
"The book is to show that us bloggers are real people. There have been too many cases of people receiving nasty threats on their blogs and we believe it is so easy to forget that behind our views and opinions and the avatar we have all over the internet, behind that, we are human. We think that by taking a picture of ourselves behind our avatar, it keeps our identity safe but at the same time shows we are real."
The Community decided to send the 15% commission we would earn on each book to the charity Doctors Without Borders/ Medicins Sans Frontiers.
I don't even remember how I found Fuelmyblog. I think I may have seen it on someone elses blog and so on... And it is true, about blogging. I really only blog for myself, well originally, now I know that there are people out there who read my blog, friends, family, yet to be friends!! It is an amazing world the internet. No-one ever has to feel lonely or isolated again. I mean you could be in the middle of Alaska or in the middle of NYC and we can all stay connected. Pretty amazing isn't it?! And what about making purchases. Now that is a lovely thing. Anything, anywhere, anytime and it's yours. HMMMMM. Who would have thought.
There was a reason behind that picture over my face. As some of you may know, I do many things at once and if I am not doing many things at once, I am thinking about doing many things at once. So with that said, of course, I had to have many pictures of myself at once. It's who I am. It is what I am about. That is why sometimes I seem like I am in a cloud. I am in the cloud of my own thoughts and there's so much that needs to get out. All at once!! I know this may drive some people to drink, but it is me, it is who I am, it is what makes me tick and there is no stopping me.
With that said, I need to go jog and knit and take a shower and read and oh yeah, I think today is Wed. and I need to go to work....
Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy!


7 comments:
Oh WAIT! I have to be HUMAN TOO??! Damn it! I thought this was excusing me!
VOTE FOR CORINNE! VOTE FOR CORINNE! VOTE FOR ME .. oops how'd that get there .. lol You are awesome .. happy tofurkey day!!!
Great post. Great image, great blog. I am going to add you as a friend. No wait, I just did!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I echo everything you said so beautifully!
a surprise is waiting for you:
http://blog.fuelmyblog.com/
Congratulations!
Great post. I love that you made the point about threats to blog owners and how there's an actual person behind it.
Congratulations!
Congrats! And I think I need to poke around your blog a little! :)
Post a Comment