11.01.2007

Mark's Idea Of A Costume





Mark went horseback riding after school yesterday. Something that he does almost everyday. So going out trick or treating meant leaving on his chaps and boots and grabbing a Halloween bag. That's Mark's idea of a costume, improvise with what you are already wearing!! As far back as Kindergarten, Mark hated to wear costumes. They had a parade and the mad face he had on was classic. We MADE him wear a cape and crown and you would have thought that we were bringing him to the doctor for his shots.

Malachy, on the other hand, LOVE, LOVES to wear costumes. Like ALL YEAR LONG. That is how Matthew was. Matthew wore his Santa costume to nursery school from Thanksgiving until, I think, St. Patrick's Day!! Malachy was a Ninja for his class party and he was Luke Skywalker for trick or treating.

Did you see what Mark's shirt says, trick or treat I will accept cash!! Mark has a very funny, sarcastic side. I can't imagine why?!!

Matthew, this year, did not want to wear a costume. He's 14, you know! All of his friends look the same way as they did when I picked Matthew up from school. What were they shooting for, HS students. Well, hey, it worked, because that is exactly what they looked like.

We went to a haunted house and as we were walking up to it Malachy chanted, "I will be brave, I will be brave", and he was pretty brave. Although, the grave yard with the strobe light kind of gave him the creeps. It kind of gave me the creeps, too!

I hope everyone had a fantastically, goulish Halloween. You know that we did.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Cute costumes (if I'm allowed to say that).

Joan said...

Your Malachy is hoot! I see a sitcom in his future. ;-}