1.02.2008

Living In The Moment


I'm not one to make a New Year's resolution. I like to live in the moment. I like to think that I have a choice. Everyday is a new day and every day I have the choice for it to be a great day or not. I heard once that pain in inevitable, but suffering is an option. We all have the option to create something new every single day, every minute, every second. My new friend, Shannon, who found me on Ravelry, posted that this year she would like to live more presently and more fully each and every day. Exactly my sentiment. I believe that I only have this second, this moment, while typing on my computer and listening to Malachy, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. Yes, it is 10:18pm and he is STILL awake!! I hope you will take a deep inhale and exhale, slowly, deliberately, with purpose. Believe me, it will be your best inhale and exhale. The ones you really notice, the little things, will be your best moments. When I practice yoga, every muscle, every single part of me is working, stretching, feeling. You don't just get into a pose and hold it without energizing your whole body, mind and spirit. That is what I hope for all of you, to live with your whole being, every single part of you will be engaged and in the moment. I hope this new year finds you happy, healthy, full of choices, living deliberately, loving fully and having fun, because what else is there if we didn't have any fun?!

PS: Look, did you see, even Mark's horse, George, knows how to have fun and live in the moment. He's sticking his tongue out at Mark!!!

Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy

4 comments:

Becky L said...

Thats a great goal. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You jump I'll jump! You are such a great inspiration... no more regrets right? We live for today!! So when IS lunch? lol

Anonymous said...

I hope EVERYDAY that you rub off on me! YOU are an inspiration. THANK YOU!

The Artful Eye said...

I needed these words today. Sometimes I lose my way. Your photo even brought me joy. Thank-you