We met yesterday morning at the Poway Library for a blanket joining party for the San Diego Wildfire Blanket Project. As always it was great fun. We crocheted and whipstitched and talked and laughed and had a opportunity drawing. We have already gotten blankets to all families who lost homes in Poway and we continue on. What a great group of women who gave up their Saturday, many Saturday's for others.
Stephanie, GeorgeAnne's daughter makes and sells stitch markers for crocheting and knitting. Her company is called Zona Blue Design. Yesterday, at the blanket joining event, she donated $2.00 from the sale of every stitch marker to go back into the San Diego Wildfire Blanket Project. Pretty amazing.
There was some pretty interesting conversation going on. Like, the pros and cons of dating an Italian man. Go Lisa!! Just keep knitting, just keep knitting!! OMG - you were hilarious, but after I thought about what you said, I can definitely see your point. Most definitely!!
There was some singing going on....HEY, HEY WE'RE THE MONKEYS.....If you have not joined us for a blanket joining party or for one of our meet-ups, you are seriously missing out!!
A friend of mine gave me this great book:

Okay, I do not crochet. I can only single chain, but I'll tell you, this book makes me want to be a master crocheter. There are some of the cutest things in there and I don't like stuffed animals, but I know a few kids that would love, love them.
Have a wonderful Sunday. Go Chargers!!!!!!!
AND a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful neice, AMANDA. We love you!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:
I may never forgive you fro posting that picture.
what an awesome project you guys are a part of. we have a collaborative knitting circle here where we make squares for blankets too and each month pick someone who is in need of some extra loving care. nothing says
nurturing like a warm, hand-made blanket.
also, i just bought that amigurumi book! i'm very new to crochet but have made myself learn how to do the carrot and the mouse. i've started the monkey. it's intimidating but i'm determined!
let me know if you make anything from it.
Oh, stop it!! You are too cute and you know it!! Remember, you were trying to think of...rollover, rollover red rover...or something!! :)
you and your sneaky camera. way to document the turn out.
Good Job! :)
Good Job! :)
Post a Comment