8.08.2008

Where Did The Summer Go?

Okay, seriously, where did the summer go? School starts in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!! I enjoy the summer. No schedules. Going to the pool. Eating outside....okay, we live in San Diego, we can pretty much eat outside all year, well, pretty much. We bought pizza the other night and ate it at the beach as we watched the sunset and the surfers. It doesn't get much better than that.

We went to see another Padre game last week and another loss. Man, I love baseball and I love going to watch, but what a bummer watching a losing team...over and over and over. The kids didn't even want to go! Matthew said, "I'll stay here and watch everyone, you go and have a good time.", are you serious?! That's exactly what I did. We got there at 8 and it was over at 9:20! Wow, that was quick. I guess they were trying to make it as painless as possible for us! There were so many Giant's fans around us. I was thinking of going over to the other side and cheering for the Giants! It seemed like so much more fun. It's amazing how you love your home team when they are winning and when they are losing...watch out. You should have heard some of the Padre fans around us. Man, they were heartless and we were about 20 feet away from the pitching mound, in the field seats...right outside of first base! Zito was pitching and he absolutely killed us. No wonder we are the worst team in the National League West.

I think I'll take a break from baseball. We are all about the summer olympics now. Wow, watching the USA do anything is exciting. Watching them win medal after medal, that's really exciting!!

Well, I have to go celebrate my birthday! I am 44 today, August 12th. Last year Malachy said, "How old are you?", I said, "I'm 43", to which he responded, "OMG - you're almost dead". So here's to another year and I'm still alive. Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right behind ya! I just don't look as good as you!

Karla said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!