


Head wraps and dream swatches!! This quick and fun little pattern is from Wendy Bernard over at Knit and Tonic. Or you can go over to the garter belt and download it for free. I started knitting mine over at my sons swim lesson and before I could say Dream Swatch, I had 2 women asking me what I was making!! "A head wrap", I say. "Oh, well the yarn is beautiful, what is it?", one Mom says - I tell her it is made with bamboo yarn. "Wow, and they make yarn out of bamboo?!!", she says with surprise. Then, of course - I can't help but mention: "Yep, you'd be surprised what alot of yarn is made out of now".
Silence, then: "Would you make me one, but as a scarf?"
End of conversation! and I quickly say, "Oh, look, swim lessons are over. I'll see you tomorrow." Wow, I narrowly dodged that one. I mean come on. I know, I know and I did end up saying OK to her request, but with some hesitation. So there's the one that I am making for her. I am only charging her for the yarn. Everyone says that I am crazy, but you know what - how much would one pay for a head wrap or a scarf? Certainly not the time it takes to make it!!











No comments:
Post a Comment