9.25.2007

Angels & Dresses


I belong to Yahoo Group's Monthly Dishcloth KAL. We are given 2 patterns on the 1st and 15th of each month, but we are given them a few rows at a time. So you never know WHAT you're going to knit.

Well, Sept. mid-month KAL was, ta-da, a DRESS! A dress!! Now with three boys in the house, wouldn't you know, there are NO dolls to be found, like anywhere!! When I was young, I was a tomboy! I know, can you believe that!! Anyway, stop laughing. I preferred sports to dolls. Imagine that. You know, I had the token Barbie. She had some clothes, but no dream house or camper. She didn't even have a Ken doll to keep her warm at night, you know what I'm saying. Not because I wasn't given these things for my 1 Barbie, but because that was all I wanted - a Barbie and some clothes like my friends had. The clothes she did have were made by my Mom's friend, Felicia, which I thought was pretty cool. No-one else had MY BARBIE"S clothes.

Anyway, where was I going with this, oh yeah, so no doll to model my dress dishcloth. As I searched my house for a suitable picture, I remembered the angel next to my bed. She smiled when I put it on her, you know, but after I took the dress off, her smile seemed bigger and brighter than with the dress on. I think she likes the whole breezy feel of it all, I don't know, I'm just sayin'!!!!

It is a really cute dress/cloth, but I don't know what to do with it. Any Barbie lovin' little people out there, that prefers Barbie dolls over sports. SHEESH, I mean really, you can stop laughing now!

1 comment:

Karla said...

Hi Corinne-
Thanks for the welcome note on my blog. Now that I have an account I can leave you a note. =) I was thinking- is the pattern too difficult for your crafty girlz? You could teach them to do it. You could buy a doll and dress her up in the dress and donate it to a children's shelter or hospital or something...