9.09.2007

MY Knitting Group/Fiber Therapy



Have I told you how much I LOVE my knitting group - Fiber Therapy?!! These are some of the smartest, diverse, fun women that I get to hang out with!! I love GeorgeAnne, our group organizer. She is smart and loving and real and amazing with her hook and needles. Check out her blog and you will see what I am talking about - http://hookandneedles.blogspot.com/. From the first time that I entered the group I felt welcome and accepted. That is an awesome feeling, when you walk up to about 16 women knitting in front of Panera, all by yourself and sit down and start knitting/chatting.

Last week Heidi, one of our members, opened up her house to us and taught us to dye yarn. How cool is that?!! It was a small group that day, but what fun we had. Yesterday, I went for our morning meetup. I got there at 9:30am and really hated to leave at 12:20pm!!!!! I tell ya, if you can find a greater group of women than these, please join them! There are people who are eager to learn and there are even more people eager to teach.

I know that I will have many wonderful times with these women and I thank them for accepting and involving me!! Thank you GeorgeAnne for all you do!! An amazing group by an amazing woman!!

Enough, enough - there is knitting to be done!! All this talk of knitting has my hands itching to create!! Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its people like YOU that make the group so much fun to organize!! and you are so important to the group too!! a perfect fit! hugs!