9.10.2007

First Topic For "Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Exchange


Each week we are given a topic for our dishcloth exchange partners to learn a little more about us and to keep in contact over the next few weeks. So here goes:

Topic
Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

Living in "sunny San Diego" it rarely gets cold enough to wear more than a sweater. Now the sweater that I would wear would probably be cotton or something and is never really worn after 10am or before 4pm. So I pretty much knit with cotton or linen. I also knit with bamboo, but it is like knitting with floss. There are like 8 or so strands that get pulled very easy, but it has a wonderful sheen and feel to it. So I knit with it!!

I make hats and scarves in wool, but they are not for me and they are not for San Diego. They are for others, who live elsewhere!! Mind you I said hats and scarves, that is because anything bigger would give me a heat rash. Sitting there on my lap growing bigger and bigger!! The only blanket I knit with wool is the Manos Four Seasons Throw and that is because it is knit one block at a time, in rows and then seamed together!! And I still don't know what I will do with it when it is finished. I am sure it will end up looking quite lovely in someone else's family room or I will only use it in the A/C!! I am getting hot just thinking about it.

Well, I am off to knit with some linen so everyone just Knit-Laugh-Enjoy! That's what I'll be doing:)

PS: Here is a picture of Malachy. I hate to post without a picture, so there you go!!

No comments: