For our "Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Exchange here is the:
TOPIC OF THE WEEK
When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?
I knit my washclothes and I usually use size 6 bamboo needles. For almost all other projects I love my addi turbo circular needles, but for these small clothes I like the smaller bamboo. I generally use the sugar & cream cotton yarn that you can pick up at Michael's for like $1.69, but I have been dying to try something different. You know when I went to my LYS and saw hemp for like 10.95 and not much of it, I ran out of there. Really, 10.95 for a cloth, not happening. It looked like there was only enough to make maybe 1 with some leftover!!
I finished the dream swatch/headwrap. It came really nice, but I don't think that I will be making another for a long time, if ever!! All that rearranging on the needles nearly put me over the edge on the scarf. When I did just a short headwrap, it wasn't so bad. I am also making a dishcloth for Yahoo Group's Monthly Dishcloth KAL. I know, I must be crazy. I keep joining groups and having tons of projects going at the same time. You would think by the amount of time I spend knitting that I was getting paid for it. Like paid ALOT for it, but no, I just really enjoy it. Either that or I need to join knitter's anonymous, because I JUST CAN'T STOP!!
So Malachy asked me to write out his Christmas letter to Santa. Yes, you heard that right. It is Sept. and I am writing letters to Santa already. He's 5 1/2, people, 5 1/2!! We write Christmas letters in Sept. and we buy Halloween costumes in April, that's just how it is with these little people. Anyway, on his list, would you believe he asked for a sweater and scarf!! You know what that means. I need to start looking for little patterns for sweaters. I'm thinking maybe one that is just like a sweat jacket with a zipper and hood. That would be really cute. Oh, yeah, and he wants it in blue. It's in the LETTER!! I really like the one that GeorgeAnne over at http://hookandneedles.blogspot.com/ is making for her son. I'll just add a full zipper. I know my son, no pulling over the head, PLEASE!!
Here's a picture of Mark, we were in Disneyland - June 2007!!
Knit-Laugh-Enjoy!!











2 comments:
Copy cat!!! I'm making mine in RED for the boy .. he's addicted to FLASH hey it's the ComicCon's we attended while I was preggers!) Maybe add a lighting bolt on the back ... okay I'm so getting ahead of myself now -- LOL!
Oh no, not christmas already!!!
My daughter's too young to know what Christmas is and that its coming up in a few months.
BUT, she's often telling us things she wants. Right now, she wants a trampoline.
Not sure that's gonna happen.
Post a Comment