So I have been knitting like a crazy woman. I AM a woman possessed. Possessed with the fact that there are so many people without homes and we want to make blankets and comfort as many as we can. If you have some acrylic around, please knit or crochet some 8" squares and find out what my very good friend GeorgeAnne is doing. She has a new blog just for the San Diego Wildfire Blankets at San Diego Wildfire Blankets
Here are pictures of my squares. I bought Red Heart Soft at Michael's on sale, 2 for $5.00. I am knitting all garter stitch squares and each skein makes 4 1/2 squares. I am using US8 needles and I cast on 32 stitches. They are very soft and washable, which is what we are looking for.
Look at that picture of Matthew. That house was at our second evacuation point in La Jolla. While I was busy gathering my cat and important papers, Matthew was grabbing the laptop and his headset so that he could stay connected. And staying connected he did. He played WOW (World of Warcraft) with his friends, apparently they were also grabbing laptops while running from the fires!! I am glad that he was, as they say, "None the worse for the wear"!!
Things are starting to get back to normal. My kids will all be returning to school on Monday. Actually, Malachy is the only one that is excited, besides me!
BTW: I forgot to mention, in all the excitement, that I am on Ravelry. Woohoo!! What a cool place that is. My name is: craftyloca, of course. If anyone is on there, come visit me or leave me a comment with your Ravelry name, so that I can come and say hi to you :)
Knit-Laugh-Enjoy











1 comment:
What a handsome son, Corinne! Kids are so darn resilient. Wish I had a laptop. ;-p
Post a Comment