Our Fiber Therapy group met at Panera in Mira Mesa today to make the 8" squares for San Diego Wildfire Blankets. These pictures were taken by Malachy. I told him that he had a good "eye" when he showed me the pictures. He was telling everyone that I said he has good eyes.
Panera had tables of hot coffee and bagels for us, to show their appreciation for making these squares for blankets. That was really nice, except that there were no flavors that Malachy wanted. So we had to go in and buy a bagel and some chocolate milk.
When he became really bored and REALLY LOUD, I told him to take pictures and this is what he saw. Pretty cool, I think. Maybe the next Andy Warhol or something. Just remember to thank your Mother, I always tell my kids. When you are famous, I will be so happy, but DON'T FORGET TO THANK YOUR MOM!!!! Why they think this is so funny, I do not know. I mean really, I did carry them for 9 months, give BIRTH to them and nurture them for another, God knows how many years. The least they can do is thank their MOM!! wink, wink ;)
One woman showed up at Panera just to donate like 8 or 9 skeins of yarn. Seriously though, I am starting to get tired of making these squares, but stop I will not. I will forge on and continue. Each blanket needs some 35 squares! That's ALOT of yarn and hand movement, if you know what I'm saying. My wrists are starting to get just a little tired. We had fun, as always, no matter what I am knitting (or not knitting!!). Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I just wanted to share what a 5 year old sees when a bunch of women get together to knit and crochet.











4 comments:
Great photos Malachy!
Wish I could have been there this morning, but I had to finish 5 costumes for a Halloween/b-day party we had to go to Saturday night. The fires got me behind, but we got them done. Now I can focus on 8" squares. (and getting rid of my horrible cough- I also didn't want to share that with you all either.)
Great photos... great story! That is so awesome.
Love the photo of the squares. Hey, talent-alert! Fiber Therapy, what a great name. That is quite an undertaking, the blankets. Think of all the good kharma you are accumulating. ;-}
You are one amazing lady!! Makachy has such a great eye and a great mom!!! Thank you for all your hard work on the blankets .. I drove through the area last night that we will be helping, and I KNOW they are going to be loved and cherished. THANK YOU!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment