Okay, Malachy took that picture of me wearing Juliet and I still don't think that it is a good one. I will have to wait until someone taller can take my picture.
Look at Susan's, my swap partner, ballband dishcloth. It looks like the angels brought it for her. Oh, Heavenly!
We all met today to join the 8" squares to make blankets for the San Diego Wildfire Blanket Project. We had a pretty great turnout. Someone dropped off some 80 or so squares already with crocheted edges and ready for seaming. How cool and amazing is that. We had alot of fun and I think we just made a small dent in the making of the blankets, but, you know what, there are that many more people who will have the warmth of our handmade blankets before Thanksgiving. Some of the girls today took home squares to finish up a few more blankets. There was a donation bowl, that turned into two donation bowls and more and more. I am glad that once the smoked died down, everyone's enthusiasm for making the squares did not dwindle. We are going strong and we are also getting the help and support from some local yarn stores. So we were pretty pleased and today was only one of many joining parties. So knit on!!
My kids and I are going for a photo shoot tomorrow morning in La Jolla. Black and white pictures. I will post them when they are ready. If Margo can get all of us to smile like Normal people in one picture it will be nothing short of a miracle or some pretty amazing photography. Oh yeah and by the way, Margo wants us there by 8am, yes 8 AM, in the morning, on a Sunday. Yes, I asked her if she were crazy, too!! She compromised and said, okay, make it 8:30 am! Gee, thanks, Margo :) So I hope we don't look all sleepy and with all kinds of crazy hair. I have curly hair people, it takes quite some time to dry. As in hours.....











5 comments:
Great Juliet!!! I hope to start mine right after xmas... :)
I'm so glad the turnout was great! Can't wait to see pictures of the joining party.
I absolutely LOVE the Juliet and it looks so beautiful on you! You definitely have the right frame to show it off! What workmanship! I am SOOOO jealous! hehehe And I like the ballband. I spent my weekend crocheting washcloths although I finished one project. I'm hoping to get ambition to work on a shawl that I started. At least I got something done for a change. You are ALWAYS making wonderful things and I am just so envious! I want your talent! Knit on!
You are right-- you need someone taller to take that picture. BUT, it still looks really great. I'm not tallented like that.
Have fun at that photo shoot. Yeah, 8:30 is really early for something like that!
GREAT picture!! The sweater is centered in the picture - exactly what we wanted! You even look TALL in it!! Never underestimate the technology savvy of a 6 year old!!
Post a Comment