11.03.2007

Romeo Oh Romeo


Well I received my yarn from knitpicks and cast on for Juliet. I got gauge and was off and knitting. I really like this yarn. I bought the Wool of the Andes. The color is much better in person and it feels really soft.

I'm no Juliet, heh, but when I am done with this and I put it on maybe I'll get all dramatic and start quoating Shakespeare. Ha!

I decided to go with the XS. I read alot about the pattern on Ravelry and many people said that they knit their size and it was way too big. I am not going with the lace pattern for the bottom on this one. I think it's just a bit much with the garter top and the flare bottom and the bulky yarn. I will do stockinette stitch. I saw one knit up on Ravelry and it looked great.

I am also looking forward to knitting another ballband dishcloth for my swap partner. I am going to knit it in her kitchen colors of yellow, brown and white. I will show pictures of my progress, once I cast on. I am still knitting 8" squares. I finished another 2 today and I cast on for another one. They are starting to feel like dishcloths for me.

Just keep knitting, just keep knitting. That is my knitting mantra. You know, they say, knitting is the new yoga. It has the same meditative qualites as yoga. You think!! I don't know, there are times when I seriously want to flip out. There are times when it is quite frustrating. Like when you keep doing that lace pattern with like, I don't know, MOHAIR, and there is no ripping out mohair. Like the Rowan Kid Silk Haze. Yeah, I've tried it and no, I never did finish that sweater.

Just keep knitting, just keep knitting. Then there are other times, yes, other times when everything just flows beautifully. The yarn flows, the needles are a pleasure and you try on the garment and think "what the heck did I make", ugghh. You know what I am talking about. And then, there are dischloths. Ya gotta love a dishcloth. Now that's some sweet meditation right there.

Knit-Laugh-Enjoy

5 comments:

Karla said...

Knit knit knit. laugh laugh laugh. clickity clack clickity clack, knit knit knit.

Anonymous said...

Juliet oh Juliet where are you Juliet -- are you at your Fiber Tehrapy meeting laughing and making me smile?

Love the color!!

Joan said...

Whew! I'm exhausted by all your knitting! ;-p

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Oh I wish I dared make the lovely things you do! I've got some WOTA and haven't yet found a project to use it for but maybe someday. I do love the colors and feel! Knit on!

Lapdog Creations said...

Looking forward to your Juliet progress... I need to find time to cast mine on. I like the color you choose!