12.27.2007

Cables


Wow, cables. Who knew they would be this much fun and easy AND the results, will you take a look at that scarf. My first attempt at cables and I love, love the results. The antler scarf pattern from Debbie Stoller's, Son of Stitch and Bitch, is so easy. It is an 8 row repeat, with all even rows the same stitch pattern. I think scarves are very boring to make, but not with cables and it's going, surprisingly, quite fast.

I am making the antler scarf for my boss. The hat just did not work out. I hated every pattern that I tried and finally frogged them and when I saw this scarf, I knew this was the pattern. I swatched and swatched my little heart out on that second hat and halfway through it, I was hating the results, so rip-it, rip-it, rip-it I did!!

I made the aspen hat from Twinkles Big City Knits. Fast, like less than an hour fast, from start to finish. How crazy is that and it is adorable. I made it for my friends daughter. I used Twinkle yarn and there is enough to make 2 hats, but I have to tell you, thank God it only takes an hour to make, because I hate, HATE working on such large needles and with such bulky yarn. Wow, my hands were hurting after that knitting session.

For me a day without knitting is like a day without yoga and a day without yoga means my day does not start out right. My back hurts and my mind needs calming. I just don't feel RIGHT all day. The same with knitting, no my back does not hurt, but the mind calming, yes, and I don't feel RIGHT all day, yes. It's like something is missing. If I am out and need to wait somewhere, with 3 kids you do alot of running around and alot of waiting, if I do not have some knitting with me then I am bummed. I don't even care what I knit, give me your project and I would be happy to knit it. Like I have said before, it's the process, okay, a beautiful end result is nice, too, but I ENJOY knitting. With that said, I think I will go knit now, you know, with a cup of coffee, next to the Christmas tree, because it doesn't have a long shelf life (the Christmas tree!!) and will be coming down this weekend!

Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy and a Very Happy New Year to ALL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love cables too. And I know what you mean about the day not feeling right without knitting. If only I felt that way about exercising...