12.06.2007

Coffee, Tea Or Both? That Is The Question


Can a coffee drinker, like me, also love tea? Can someone so in love with coffee, who calls it liquid gold, really like tea? How can I, a self-professed lover of coffee also be so in love with tea?!

I have been drinking tea lately. Alot of tea. Like 2-4 cups a day. I have been drinking either green tea or vanilla chai. I know, I know the shame, but I've decided that coffee and tea are two seperate entities. You cannot even put them into the same category, as far as I am concerned. It doesn't smell the same or taste the same. The only connecting quality is that you can drink it hot and in a mug. I used to think that one was either a coffee drinker or a tea drinker, but not both. Surprise, surprise.

I am not the type who needs to drink my tea from a china teacup. Maybe that is because of my coffee drinking habits. I actually prefer my tea in a mug. It is so fast and easy. Get a mug, a tea bag and some hot water and voila, you have tea!! I even have china teapots for the table so it can look oh so pretty sitting there. You can feel English and all, but I have to tell you that it does not keep the tea hot. At all!! So I have been thinking of knitting a tea cozy. I know, it's crazy, but I like the look of them. Now, I am not sure how hot it will keep my tea, but I am a knitter and knit I will. Look at this pattern, it's for a scented tea cozy. Go to knitting pattern central and look at how many different cozies you can make. They have patterns from an apple cozy (very cute, I may need to make on of those) to a laptop cozy (don't need one of those!).

Interestingly enough, I do not drink iced tea in the summer. I prefer iced coffee. Whatever coffee is left in the pot from the morning, I pour into a cup with crushed ice. I never ever drink tea in the summer months. I drink coffee. I don't know why the cooler weather has me wanting tea. Even after a meal, I will order hot tea. Am I the only crazy (loca) out there?

I have read that drinking tea is akin to yoga. Even better, drinking tea after a yoga session. It calms you, as does yoga. Maybe that is why I love drinking tea. You know me, I am all about destressing. Now I just need to get my boys to drink the stuff and all the worlds at peace. Oh no, I meant, and I am at peace!!

Knit-Laugh-Enjoy and gab yourself a hot cup of __________, fill in the blank!

4 comments:

PammieJR said...

I find your tea/coffee dilemna an understandable one, one that has been solved for me. Coffee does BAD things to my insides, so that is out :( so it is tea or nothing for me.

I love it though, I find tea makes me feel good and my mouth feels fresh after drinking. I don't drink iced tea either, I've just never liked it...I swear it tastes different!

I can't beleive all those cozies! It is crazy...I guess there is a cozy for everything. You'll have to show off your tea cozy if you decide to make it!

Anonymous said...

I love both beverages. Each has it's place. I drink coffee in the mornings when I want to wake up or as an afternoon treat. I mostly drink herbal teas at night. Sometimes I drink English breakfast tea in the mornings with milk and sugar. MMMM so good.

Becky L said...

I hate hate hate tea!

Well, that was, until recently. I've had such sore throats that I've been drinking tea. With enough lemon, I don't seem to mind it. But it can't be green tea; that I just cannot stand.

You may want to try this... Make a cup of coffee, then add your chai tea bag and milk/sugar. Make like a chai latte with it. Pretty good

Corinne said...

Becky, I tried the your chai latte and it was delicious. Thanks for the suggestion! Something new for me to fall in love with :)