12.19.2007

Swatching, Oh Swatching How I Hate Thee


So I decide to make a hat. A hat for a normal size head, but instead I make a hat that won't even fit Shrek. Seriously, I did or almost finished one. I had about 10 rows to go and I decide to try it on, you know, just to see how cute it is. I am not even finished with it and the thing is like over my eyes and really big circumfrence wise. So I decide, it can't be me, it must be the pattern. I frog the Shrek hat and get a new pattern, but this time I decide to swatch first. Yeah, I should have a 4"x4" swatch and instead I have a 5"x5". I call GeorgeAnne, because I DO NOT WANT to make another swatch. She assures me that going down one needle size should do it. I want to believe her, I really do, but this is a Christmas present. One that needs to be ready for tomorrow and I don't want to get to 10 rows before the end and realize that I made another hat for Shrek. So guess what I am going to do after I finish posting. Yes I am, I will be doing another swatch in size 6 needles. Say a prayer will you, because I don't think that I could do a third swatch for the same dang hat. I am really starting to hate this hat and could you imagine if he won't even wear it. UGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I have not even finished the throw, because I new this hat needed to be finished by Thursday and the blanket needs to be ready by Christmas!! I thought the throw would be all wrapped up under my tree awaiting it's arrival on Christmas. So much for being ready on time. Heh! That's really funny coming from me. Stop laughing, GeorgeAnne. I know you are. I am so bad at being on time that GeorgeAnne has to tell me to be somewhere about an hour before we actually have to be there. Guess what, IT WORKS!! SHEESH! I procrastinate. I do. I don't want to, but there are so many things that need to get done. Like right now, I should be swatching for that hat, but no, oh no, I NEED to be posting now. No, I am procrastinating, because I really don't want to do it and guess what, after I finally get gauge, I HAVE to knit a hat TONIGHT, because I don't have any other present to give. Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy and do the damn swatch!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Hellooooo. Love the hat. I've made a couple that fit the same way.

Just wanted to let you know that the post office delivered my package to my neighbor's house. They just got back from a 2 week vacation and dropped it by. I love it all! Will be posting on my blog hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks!

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Actually, I kinda like it, too. I think I will try blankets and other stuff again next year since I took a year off, basically. :) The last hat I made was SOOOO big that, since it was wool, I felted it and now it's a beautiful purple bowl. So see sweetie, it CAN be worse! hehehe

Becky L said...

I *think* that I'm getting a knitted hat for Christmas. My sister in law had asked me if Erica and I would wear hats if she made them, and I said yes. So, pretty sure I'll be getting one.

I'll let you know if its a Shrek hat too.

Anonymous said...

you ask a CROCHETER how to fix a knit gauge?? Oh please silly woman!! but hey NICE LOOK :)

Anonymous said...

See, the catch to swatching is actually MEASURING THE SWATCH!!