1.14.2008

Happy Birthday Malachy!!



Today is Malachy's 6th birthday. He's been waiting ALL YEAR LONG for his birthday, literally!!! You know now that today he is 6, tomorrow he will tell everyone that he is 6 AND 1/2!! Imagine that. I delay my birthday until the exact moment of birth. Come on, you know you do it.

Malachy is a funny guy. All last week he kept asking, "When is my birthday? The day after tomorrow? How many more days do I have to go to sleep before it's my birthday?". With all that asking he kind of got the days mixed up and when he woke up yesterday he walked into my bedroom and said, "Happy Birthday to me!!". OMG, how cute is that and when I told him that his birthday is tomorrow, well you'd think that I told him, sorry, no birthday for you this year. Like it was my fault.

I asked the teacher if I could bring in cupcakes for his birthday and she said no, please bring something healthy. I said, like what carrots!! She said maybe jello or icepops. Go figure!! So I brought in jello cups with a can of whipped cream and sprinkles. Sounded like fun to me :)

I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he told me that I could get him whatever I wanted! Can you imagine that. Where did this kid come from? So guess what, I have still not gotten him a present yet. I am not used to just getting anything I want. I always ask and I am always given a list, a VERY LONG LIST and you know, generally, I aim to please, so...!!

Well, there you have it, my youngest is 6 today and I will be like a Grandma by the time he graduates college. UGGHHHHHH I'm getting too old for this, I tell ya!

So here's to Malachy and being 6 years old. You gotta love it.

5 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

What a charming son! And a great age! Enjoy it while he's there. And he's definitely deserving of something special (besides his wonderfully special mom!).

And many, many, many, many more happy birthdays! To Malachy, his brothers and their mom!

Karla said...

Happy Birthday M.

What? Jello is healthy? Ice pops are healthy? I'd say cupcakes are of the same nutritional quality.

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICTURE!! Isn't the whole reason for birthdays so that you can SPLURGE??! 'LET THEM EAT CAKE!' HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTIE!!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Malachy!

Since when are birthday's supose to be healthy? Isn't it just another excuse to have cake and ice cream?

The Artful Eye said...

Happy Birthday Malachy!! Kids say the darndest things. Let them eat cake, life's too short.