1.05.2008

It's Not Another Dishcloth Swap

Why yes, yes it is!! Okay, you all know that I love dishcloths, I love swaps. Now WHY WOULDN'T I join, yes, another dishcloth swap. I have some friends, and you know who you are, who would not accept a dishcloth, let alone make one for herself. Not because they are oh so pretty, well, yes, that's one of the reasons why. They are pretty and someone made it and she wouldn't want to ruin it with her dirty dishes or dirty face, her words not mine! I love making them, I love using them. I told her, please just use them and let them get ruined so that I can make MORE!!

I have converted some people over to my side and they said they would never make a dishcloth. AS IF!! Yet, today at Fiber Therapy, not only was she making a dishcloth and finished it today, she said that she made SEVERAL over the holiday's for friends and they are already asking her for more.

I'm telling you, they are addictive, to use, to make, to give. Oh, the joy. I found one with a skull on it. Gotta make that one and I found some gorgeous cotton yarn today that is screaming to be made into a cloth. Yeah, yarn screams at me when I walk by. I know some of you know exactly what I am talking about.

So yeah, the dishcloth swap, it's fun, you meet some great people and interesting blogs, new patterns, fun, fun, fun! Here's the link, in case you're interested:

Defeat The Winter Doldrums Swap



I found out about this swap from my self-proclaimed, dishcloth junkie friend, GeorgeAnne. Yeah, we speak the same language - dishcloth! She gets it, you know!! Now go on over and sign up. You gotta love a package in the mail, with all kinds of yarn and dishcloth love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disclothes are like candy - pretty colors, all the excitement - NO CALORIES!!!

xoxo

Becky L said...

Okay, I may try. I won't join the swap, just b/c there are no guarantees. And it may end up looking HORRIBLE! Well, and its not knitted either; I'll be crocheting.
Have fun!

Diane said...

This is a fun swap! I've "met" lots of nice crafters from all over the place in the dishcloth swap.