Okay, I just saw that picture of myself from yesterday's post and had to jump back. Yuck, that is not a good picture, I tell you.
Here are 2 pairs of the mitts that I have made so far and I have requests for more, but they are so fun and easy to make that I really don't mind the request. Hey, if everyone is happy then I'm happy. I told you they are the cutest things and the guys all think that they are really COOL!! HMMM, how did that happen. Something that I made is cool?! Okay, Matthew still does not think that ANYTHING knit could be cool. Although, he tells me to make him things, because he thinks that is what I want to hear (and he is right!!), but in his next breath he says that he will not wear whatever I make. He will only DISPLAY it in his room. Again, HMMMM. Things that make you go hmmmm. Isn't that a song?
Mark, yeah, Mark likes me to make him things and he will actually wear it, but only like maybe one time. You know just to show me that he is wearing it and appreciates it and then.... and then he doesn't even "display" it as Matthew does. No, it goes into the black hole of all things Mark. You know, socks just disappear. Poof!! His wallet, his wallet always seems to disappear and then it's magically found! His cell phone though, yeah, it's always attached to him. I am pretty much the only call he gets, but hey, you've got to let them dream, right?
Mark is sort of a nomad, a wanderer. He has a bedroom, but he prefers to sleep on the sofa in the family room. He has friends, but everyone is Mark's friend. He never wears socks or shoes. If he actually NEEDS to wear his shoes, you know, we can never find them. I can't tell you how many times we went into a store and I turn to Mark and he has no shoes on. I'm like Mark WTF?!!! So we end up buying him shoes. A pair of flip flops in Von's, a pair of Crocs in Jimbo's.....and this just doesn't happen with me. It happens when he is out with his Dad, too. I have to remind him to get his lunch, his backpack, his SHOES. The scary thing is that he's a little like me and he's a little like his father. I know, scary, huh!
So those mitts on top were made with Leethal's yarn that I bought at her online shop. The second pair I made with 1 skein of Plymouth Yarn's Royal Llama Silk, very nice and soft, but hand wash and dry. I think I'm going to get a little creative with my next pair. You know, maybe some cables or some ribbing. Crazy, right?! I'm getting dizzy just thinking of the possibilities.
I am off to work. Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy











3 comments:
Ok, I actually love that picture of you!! Cool mitts, too...
those sure do look cute, and I can see why they are so fast.
I am loving those mitts! Especially the multi-colored ones! It looks like a nice one skein project and good for gifts!
Post a Comment