
So I've been TOLD that my blog has not been updated since Valentine's Day! Oh my, the horror of it all. Anyway, I am here and I have been busy. My kids have been off since Friday and all of this week. No work yesterday, but back today with Malachy. Oh the joy.
I just finished reading Paulo Coehlo's book, The Zahir. OMG - it was so good. It was good from the very first page until the very last. Now I am having trouble reading my next book. Normally, I would just finish one and then almost instantly pick up another and start reading. His books are so good that I just wanted to savor it. He makes you stop and think and really appreciate and understand your life and everything that is going on whether good or bad. There were so many great passages that I was taking notes. Okay, yes, I am one of those who takes notes when they read.
So knitting, yes, knitting, there has been some of that going on here at Casa de Craftyloca. Let's see, there's the 1/2 finished cloth and the 1/2 finished coffee cup cozy and the one cabled fingerless mitt, so I guess that's also 1/2 finished. Let me rephrase that, so knitting, yes, knitting, there has been NONE of that going on here at Casa de Craftyloca. What the heck, who cares anyway. Nobody thinks that I knit anyway!!
I am still emptying moving boxes. I moved last May people, last May. So I have been decorating and rearranging. Hopefully my cat won't get all pissed off at me again and decide to piss on my bed. The little f****r. Yes, she pissed on my bed, not once, not twice, but three times before I finally decided that enough was enough and closed my bedroom door. This was all done in a two day period and the third time that she did it I WAS STILL IN THE BED. I mean how disgusting is that. Oh, don't mess with me, I am the dominant one in this house. Animals, you gotta love them. If not we would probably just kill them. Oh, I'm just joking ;)
Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy











6 comments:
I've got a reading list about as long as my knitting queue, but I'll have to add his books to the list!
I don't take notes while I read, but I do rip out magazine and newspaper articles and save them in a binder. Does that count? ;)
Corinne, can't speak to knitting even though I crutch my way through a project on my own. But I can talk to Paulo Coelho. I have read "By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept", "The Alchemist" and "The Pilgrimage" all of which I could not put down. I didn't realize how many I am behind.
Now with your recommendation I may have to start with "The Zahir"
Hope your days are going well. Isn't it darn cold here?
You've been tagged. See my blog for more info - hope you don't mind.
Casa de Craftyloca- sounds great! Now you just need to start a pattern line or something. =)
The Alchemist is my very favorite book. I look forward to reading some of the others you mentioned.
I miss writing to you each week. Not much blogging going on with my little newborn but I'll get back to it shortly. We're having a great time together!
Take care,
Shannon
oooh, i've not read that one, I'll have to get it!
Post a Comment