4.18.2008

Green Smoothie Girl

I have decided to add a green smoothie to my everyday diet. I usually have a zone bar between yoga and jogging for breakfast. Now, I am thinking that a zone bar, easy as it is, may not be the best nutritional choice for a meal that lasts me until lunchtime. I found out about "GreenSmoothieGirl" on Sara's blog: "Happy Food".

I watched this video and decided to give it a try.



I had my kids watch the video and they ALL said that they would try it. Mark and Malachy asked if they could make their own! Okay, if I can get my kids to try this stuff then I think that I could actually try it myself. See I have a problem with food. You know, I won't eat something because of the texture or maybe it just looks or smells too disgusting to me. I know, I know I have always been a problem when it came to food. When I was about 10 years old every Sunday we had pasta. Well, I like pasta, but I hate tomato sauce. One Sunday my Grandmother FORGOT that I hated the sauce and put in on my pasta. Well, you nearly had to put me away after putting that stuff in front of me. I mean gross....... so my Mom RINSED, yes, rinsed my pasta for me. You can stop laughing now. Hey, I wouldn't even eat a bean until I was about 32 years old. Now, I love beans and I love tomato sauce. I will even eat it if it is chunky!! Progress, people, progress. Baby steps.

Surprise, surprise my son Mark is the same way......so just the fact that he will even TRY the green smoothie is amazing to me.

So we are taking the challenge and we are going to have a green smoothie every single day for 30 days and we will let you know our results. We have all decided that even if we don't like the first green smoothie, we will change and adjust it until we come up with something that works for us. Wish us luck and I will report what reactions and results we have.

Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy and try a green smoothie, you never know!!

4 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

Hi Corinne,
I love green smoothies, especially wheat grass. Trader Joe's had a super green food fruit juice that was sooo delicious. It looked gross but tasted great same type of ingredients. I'm sure that making a smoothie from fresh, raw food is better but for quick on the fly, it's Trader Joe's.

No sauce on pasta is too funny. I'm glad you're beginning to see the light. My grandmother would sometimes make pasta with garlic and olive oil and it was delicious.

Hope your experiment goes well.

Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you can get past the texture. That is the problem I have with the green juice... sort of "skweaky". The banana may fix that though.

Pasta with garlic and oil is the BEST!! (and a little fresh basil)

Anonymous said...

An additional note on Stevia... you should not consume too much of this as there are concerns about toxicity on higher amounts.
Read more here: http://www.cspinet.org/nah/4_00/stevia.html
Another good, vegan alternative (though, not calorie free) is Agave Nectar - I use it instead of honey. I get it at Henry's.

Karla said...

good luck with your experiment.