4.29.2008

Look What I Found In The Black Hole

Guess what I found in Matthew's desk drawer? The camera cord to download my pictures. Imagine that, the black hole, I tell you, the black hole. So now I can post pictures, so here you go:



It has been 10 days since I started the green smoothie challenge. I have to say that I have a lot more energy, no not my usual energy, I am talking about the energy to stay up past 8 pm. I can stay awake until about 10-10:30pm. I can't even believe it. I have also noticed that when I drink the smoothie at about 7am, I am not looking to eat again until about 1-1:30pm. My kids have also been drinking them, but once in a while they will ask for a smoothie without anything "green" in it. I guess it just hits them that they are drinking spinach. Come on now, don't forget that I am their mother.

Knitting has been going on over here. I have been working on the 3 cloths that I started oh so long ago. My knitting class has been going so well. The girls finished their scarves and some have made fingerless gloves. Some girls have also made ipod/cell phone cases and some are already making purses. I am so proud of them. They have come a long way in only 10 weeks.

Mark is going to be sleeping on the "Star of India" this week. It is a ship that is docked here in the San Diego Harbor. They are going to be sailors and the year is 1874. How cool is that. They have all sorts of duties, like kitchen duty and dog watch. Matthew said that when you are sleeping and they need to "wake" you in the middle of the night for "dog watch", they throw water on you and yell to wake you up. Wow, sounds like a blast.

As you can tell from that picture of Malachy, he wishes that he was a pirate aboard the Star of India. Can you see all of the gross spiders and rats running through the holes and pockets of his jeans? He even has that look that says, Arghh, don't mess with me? I'd like to see him out there all night on dog watch duty!!

When I picked up Matthew the next morning those kids looked like they had braved some rough seas. They could barely walk off the bus and the teachers looked the same. I will have my camera ready for that one. They need to pack some "dry" clothes for the trip!! Oh boy, this should be good.

Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I want to go!! Malachy looks like he is ready too! LOVE "The Look"!

Anonymous said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I want to go!! Malachy looks like he is ready too! LOVE "The Look"!