8.20.2008

Guess What?.....

.....Apparently it's been 1 whole year since my very first post. Wow, how about that. Time really does fly.

You know when you were a kid and the summer seemed endless. Endless days and nights, swimming in the pool, bbq's and catching fireflys. Now, those were the days. With the internet and all the electronics at my house, it's a wonder how my kids even know what day it is or what planet they are on. Man, I have to beg them to go to the pool some days. Just wait until school starts next Monday and let me tell you, I have already warned them about electronics in Casa de Craftyloca. You got it, there will be no electronics of any kind from Monday - Thursday, during the school year. None, zip, nada, zilch!!!

My kids look at me like I have 3 heads and just stare at me with no response when I give them the low down on how it's gonna go down in this house starting next Monday. See what all of the electronics have done to them, they don't even respond to me. Although, I am thinking it is just selective non-response. They know what I am saying, they understand what I am saying, but they figure if they don't respond then maybe it is all just null and void in their mind. Yes, in their world, not mine.

Ever heard of the expression, "Who has the last laugh", yeah, at Casa de Craftyloca I will most definitely have the last laugh. They may be laughing at me now, you know they think I'm getting a little senile in my "old" age and maybe they figure that I don't really know what I am talking about.

Sorry no pictures again, but next week I will have lots of my children's smiling faces on their way to the first day of school. Yes, I still take pictures of them walking out the door with their backpacks on. Even Matthew gets a picture taken, but his is usually of the back of him as he walks out the door. Just as well, you wouldn't want to see his grumpy face, because it's the first day of school.

Until next time, knit-laugh-enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say "the best kind of antiques are old friends" - we can be senile together. Happy Blog-iversary!!