A green thumb, I do not have. I try, I really do, but no. No green thumb here. I buy plants for the house. I water them and give them love. I dust them and if they are looking a little sad, I will move them to a new spot. Maybe they don't like the air flow there or the light is just not right. Then eventually, as all plants do in my home, they wither away and die. I buy more thinking that it wasn't me, it was the plant. Ha, yeah right. No it is always me.
I love reading the Nester's blog and she has been talking about faking it. Yes, you heard right, but it's not what you were thinking!! She means fake plants and arrangements in your home. Now I do not like dust collectors and to me, fake arranements in my home are nothing but allergy magnets. Yet, I see the creations she makes and they are lovely. Maybe I just need her to come on over and make me a few, because hers really are beautiful.
I have a fake wreath on my door and frankly it's only because in San Diego, when you buy any real wreath it is dried out and wilted looking in about 2 days. I even put out fake pumpkins that I bought at Michael's. Last fall it had gotten a little windy and my neighbors were bringing my pumpkins back from down the street. They are very light and had blown away. How funny was that? My kids thought it was hilarious. You see, if I put out a real pumpkin, it too is mooshy and gross in less than a week.
The problem with all of these "fake" things, they need to be stored somewhere. When you live in a townhouse and have 3 boys, there are no places to "store" anything. If I put one more thing in my garage it will explode. No, seriously, you have not seen my garage.
I even bought flowers for pots by my front door and they are looking a little sad. Someone told me that I was watering too much, so I backed off watering and then I had someone tell me that I wasn't watering enough. OMG...seriously. I think I will stick with the fake stuff, but only outside. That way, from "afar" my house looks lovely and I won't sneeze inside from the dust it creates. But, then there's always the issue of storage......
9.03.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
ha ha! I love your new blog, too!!! I got it from you!! You get some great stuff.......I have to copy.... how is your knitting, and what are you working on now?
Oh, let the dirt in the pots dry almost out before watering again...depends on the air and temperature...some plants are fussier than others.. :)
Hi Maria, thanks for the plant info! You know, I feel like I need a notebook to write down which plants need what and when!!
I am knitting a baby bib and burp cloth and I am thinking a washcloth for the baby. The baby shower is in October for a new baby in the family! What are you working on now?
I'm terrible, TERRIBLE at plants. Its sooo not funny.
Anything by your front door doesn't get enough sun to dry out completely.
Post a Comment