9.25.2008

Knitting For The People I Love




I have been knitting lately...a lot. You know I am catching the Christmas handknit bug. I love to give away pretty much everything that I knit. I love giving the people I love, things that I took the time to pick the yarn and pattern and sit and knit and knit and knit. It is the whole process that I enjoy. Knowing that I will be giving to someone I love, something that I lovingly made just for them. Who knows, maybe they don't feel the same way, but even if they don't use what I made, at least they know that I thought of them through the whole process and chose what to make especially for them.

Here is a picture of Jack Skellington that I made for Malachy. Boy, does he love him. Jack only took me a total of 2 hours, but Malachy has been playing with him for hours and hours and I am happy that I made him so happy. Matthew love, loves "The Nightmare Before Christmas", so now he requested that I make him Jack. I just found the pattern for his dog Zero! Wait until my kids see that. He is really, really cute.

So I will knit on and make gifts for everyone. As Spongebob's Grandma says, "there's love knit into every stitch".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like a kitty muzzle for my (very loud) fat cat Hanz.

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I, too, love Jack. What a great gift! Where did you ever find the pattern?

I am still, after all the time, amazed at the wide variety of absolutely WONDERFUL things you make!