10.22.2008

Wreck This Journal



I found Keri's site, Wreck This Journal while, of course, browsing blog's. I was quite intrigued by her writing style and of her book with the same title, Wreck This Journal. I went to the bookstore that very day and bought it.

I have to tell you that I was belly laughing with Matthew as he ran through the neighborhood with this book tied to a jumprope and bouncing all over the street. Then he stopped and started jumping on it, as the book encourages you to do.....wreck this journal. It is the opposite of everything I have ever been taught or felt about books. It was so fun, so liberating and downright some of the best fun Matthew and I have had together. He was rubbing dirt on the pages, chewing on pages, making paper airplanes. Then Mark and Malachy came home and the fun continued. I forwent making dinner to play with this journal. The book was thrown from upstairs - down, we wrote on the edges, broke the spine. It goes on and on and so did our fun. We wrecked the journal for about 2 hours.






Even after I finally dragged myself away from the fun and made dinner, we all wiped our mouths with the pages and smooshed some avocado in the pages during dinner.

I think it is one of the best ways for children and adults to be liberated, freed from conformity, to have just plain old fun.

I HIGHLY recommend buying this book for everyone you know. There are so many more fun things to do, the list is endless and Keri has lists of all kinds of crazy, fun stuff to get you going and thinking!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Too fun. I can't wait until Barnes and Noble opens. I'm going to go get this. Your pictures are great, I love Matthew's hair.

Amy V. said...

Sounds like some crazy fun. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great I'll have to see if I can find a copy on Amazon here.

Anonymous said...

i love this book! thanks for sharing...funny pictures.