1.25.2009

Black - My Accent Color





I have always loved black as my accent color. I don't know, it just makes an ordinary looking piece - richer. I love browns and greens in my decorating, but black is always my accent color. My kitchen table and chairs. the legs on a bench, my little desk, the tv table in my room, picture frames. I could go on and on....I was even thinking of painting my kitchen cabinets black. (The picture of the black bed is not mine, but that is what I was thinking of doing to my bed) Now, I am rethinking this whole black as accent color. When I see rooms like this:




(photos: Better Homes & Gardens)

So light and bright and airy. I look around my house and think, hmmm, it's getting a little dark around here. I may just slowly start incorporating a creamy white into my decorating. I have these red walls in my kitchen, that at first I loved, but now I'm thinking something creamy white, especially when I see that kitchen above. AND slipcovers, okay, I am loving slipcovers. What about covering my kitchen chairs instead of painting them. Maybe a tablecloth on my kitchen table to see how I am liking the lighter colors. What do you think? Stay with the black as my accent color, or go lighter with the creamy whites? I always thought with 3 boys in the house that black and some knicks here and there were fine. Will it work with my sofa and chairs and the darker curtains and rugs or will it be too much of a contrast?

3 comments:

Local Girl said...

Fab pictures! Btw I've given you an award :) http://tinyurl.com/d5przw

Janet said...

I don't know about white slip covers and 3 boys, 3 of anything for that matter girls, boys, adults I would freak out everytime someone sat on them. :)

Oh, and I want your fridge. I have been trying to fit that fridge in the budget for months. Lucky girl.

Nana Sadie said...

I love that kitchen photo, too, and let me tell you white slipcovers are FABULOUS! Pull them off and toss 'em in the wash...I have them, have had for years, and adore them - white cotton damask, or white cotton duck/denim - then if there's a stain? Toss in the bleach...they soften up beautifully and come clean.

What's not to love?

Delighted to be in the coffee swap with you!
(((hugs)))