1.17.2009

Blown Away


Wow, I was blown away last night. Canyon Crest Academy, my sons high school, had a performance last night, titled, "History of Us". It is described as:

History of Us
Envision Dance presents History of Us, a CCA & Envision-wide collaboration celebrating CCA’s history, national and world history and our own personal history.

I thought that I would sit through 2 hours of, you know, high school level performances. Well, I was first blown away by the theatre, wow. In my private high school (CCA is public), we had our performances in the gymnasium on folding chairs. No fancy lighting or sound effects. CCA's theatre is a very nice, comfortable, professional theatre. We took our seats and was blown away by the performances. One after another. The jazz band was amazing as well as the dancers, singers.... AND then my sons video about Thomas Edison, that he directed was featured. I had no expectations, except that I was proud, my sons video was chosen out of so many. I thought it would be amateurish, well I was AGAIN blown away! The story, the filming, it all left me wanting more. I loved it. It was funny, the lighting and direction were fantastic.

The night lasted over 2 hours with 1 intermission and we all sat mesmerized.

After it was over I wanted to see what their next performance would be. For $12.00, it was worth every penny and more.

Today I am going to frame the program with my sons name. His brothers were quite impressed that his name was in print. Matthew was impressed with his name in print. Heck, I was impressed with his name there in print. I told him that when he is famous, and he will be, remember to thank your Mother. HA-we'll see (if he remembers to thank me, not if he will be famous!).

Matthew interviewed to be a part of CCA's Conservatory/Video Film this week. It is an intensive 3 day a week, after school program, which earns him college credits and an amazing experience in video/film. He interviewed and presented one of his videos and will find out next week. Cross your fingers, we are all excited.

CCA-you rock!

4 comments:

Local Girl said...

That sounds amazing, you sounds so proud :) Congrats to your son for being so talented and blowing everyone away!

Corinne said...

Thank you, Liz. I am very, very proud :)

Anonymous said...

You didn't point out that Matthew is a SOPHMORE. The - what is he 6 foot now - kid standing there could be a senior but no... he still has 2 1/2 more years of high school and already earning college credits. I might have to give him some of my loud smoochie kisses too, just for being so creative! (Of course, apples don't fall far from their tree!
)

woof nanny said...

He's so angelic looking! Gorgeous face.