1.07.2009

Good Things


How cute are these???!!!!! I knit these up in less than two hours. So cute and warm. Another great pattern from the very talented Lee on her Leethal Blog.

Today I made some washcloths from Coming-Unravelled. They are the accidental bobble pattern and with that same pattern without the bobbles, I made little cloths to clean off my make-up. They are so soft and wonderful in all cotton. The idea for the make-up cloths came from Woof Nanny. I thought what a wonderful thing to make and use. Soft, washable, hand knit....perfect.

The week of Christmas I was reading Brin's blog My Messy Thrilling Life and saw this scarf. I instantly fell in love with it for many reasons. I could use luscious yarns from my stash, I could wear them in San Diego and not be too warm and I could whip a few up for last minute gifts in almost no time at all. Well, I made 3 the first day and then made another the next day. I was having sooo much fun making these.

Then I was reading Chrissie's very creative blog Flip Flops and Applesauce and saw her gorgeous twins wearing these fleece scarves. I knew I had some fleece in my "other" stash so I grabbed my scissors and started measuring and cutting and within 30 minutes I was not only wearing one, but I had also made 3 more for gifts. The best part is they don't fray and you can cut and be as creative as you want to be.

Now with my leftover fleece, I am going to make a little camoflauge blanket for Malachy....Good Things!

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love the little scarves. I think I have some scraps of fleece also. I'm gonna go look.

Maria said...

Hi!! Thanks for coming over! I love your little make-up cloths! Oh! And the slippers are wonderful, too! Hope you are doing well!
-Maria

Anonymous said...

My dream!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed how quickly you manage to produce your wonderful creations.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute and they look so warm!
-sandy toe

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Those are just the cutest things ever! I love them. Makes me wish I could knit! :)
Carrie

woof nanny said...

Oh wow, just saw this. Thanks for the publicity :).
I love the Mary Jane slippers. I AM going to learn to knit this year. I couldn't find that pattern though. I'll keep looking.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I love making anything with fleece! Cute scarves!

Ashley Nichole.