
Yes, I have been knitting. I do knit, you know. I usually don't knit in public because I am usually too busy chatting in public. I can do two things at one time, believe me I can, but knitting and chatting?! That is just not fun for me. I have alot of expressions when I talk. You know, the normal facial expressions, but the hand ones. Watch out, I can knock someone out with those and we all know that you need your hands to knit. My knitting buddies pretty much have not seen me knit more than maybe a row or two. I just need to show that I CAN knit. Lisa thinks that my oldest son Matthew is actually in his room knitting everything for me. Everyone thinks that he's up there with his friends or on the computer, but no, I've got some child labor issues going on!!
I am knitting a cloth and a coffee cup cozy, because yes, everyone needs a coffee cup cozy. Next time you are at your favorite coffee joint don't take one of those paper cozies, no, save a tree, save the planet, go green and use a handknit coffee cup cozy. HA! I am even going to add a few buttons on mine, not actually useful buttons, but they will look oh so cute. You know you want one. Come on, they are fast and easy and you know that I like fast and easy and everyone will want one. Use your stash.
The first pattern I am using is the same as my cloth, it's the chinese-waves dishcloth pattern. I found it, guess where? Yes, on Ravelry. Here is the link to the pattern: Chinese-Waves Dishcloth Pattern
I have not posted in a few days because my sister, Teresa, who was oh so very excited that I posted about her. She said that I had to leave it up there for awhile and that she was going to print it out. I asked why and she said that whenever I am mad at her, she'll just send me that post. My nephew Robert called and wanted to know why his Mom had a post and Papa Phil had some and Amanda had some, but how come I never posted about him? Is that Teresa's son or what?! Anyway, here is Robert. I asked him to send me a picture of himself, so there you go. Now I will be getting phone calls from all of my nephew's. Jeez, who started this whole thing anyway. I thought this was supposed to be a knitting blog.
My nephew Robert is very funny. At least I think so, his Mom, not so much. You know when they are not your kid, they are hilarious. He reminds me of Mark. They are both the middle children. Explains alot. When we are all together and someone is inevitably fighting, Rob wants to know if we could all just get along. Rob plans on coming here this summer. Some of you may just get to meet him. He told me that he has a girlfriend and she was sad that he was going away in the summer. Rob said to me, yeah like I will even be going out with her in 2 weeks. Spoken like a true 14 year old. Robert and Matthew are the same age, freshman in high school and they get along great. Rob's with me as a die hard Yankee fan and he has promised to bring me an official Yankee hat. We are from NY, we like baseball caps, ALOT, that have NY on it!!
Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy
PS: I hope you liked your post Rob!


6 comments:
GREAT! Just when I thought I was going to take a SMALL break from dishcloth you come up with a amazing pattern (yours in black look great BTW!)So now you have to help me find some MORE cotton to add to the stash. No last minute knitting this year for me for teacher gifts... nope ... EVERYONE gets DISHCLOTHS! xoxo
If I promise to NEVER ask you for a picture of me up on your site, can I have a cup cozy??
Lisa, ABSOLUTELY!!! What color?!
What a fun post - you sound like someone who enjoys life to its fullest! Keep knitting, smiling and having FUN!
just gotta say, your blog makes me smile. =)
I should donate my NY ball caps to youse guys because ever since I cut my hair short they don't look as good. Waahhh.
Post a Comment