11.26.2007

My Thanks Giving List


My friend Lisa over at Neurotic Needles posted yesterday her Thanks giving list. So I thought that I would join her and just remember some of the things that I am thankful for. You know, it's always a good thing to be humble and thankful for even the smallest of things, for me. So here goes:

1) I, as Lisa is, am most thankful for my children. I love them and am thankful for them from the bottom of my heart. They make me crazy, they make me laugh, they make me cry, but most of all they make me a better person. They are shaped somewhat by how we love them and the way they love me shapes who I am.

2) Pizza. No, really, really good pizza. This is no small thing! Especially when you live in San Diego. Believe me, good pizza is hard to come by and flying 3,000 miles is not always the best solution to good pizza.

3) Knitpicks. Seriously, Lisa is right, they have some amazing yarn at unbelievable prices.

4) My knitting, fiber therapy, friends. I am so happy to be able to call these women my friends. They are fun, caring, sensitive, intelligent, hilarious.... I could go on and on.

5) My family. My Mom and my sisters. They are always there for me and for a good laugh. They are the first ones I think of to call when something good happens or something bad happens or there is a really good sale going on! They love me and support me even when I make really stupid mistakes. Oh, but don't worry, they let me know AFTER I finally realize my stupidity.

6) Coffee and you all know about that. Coffee. Need I say more.

7) I could go on and on, but really I am just thankful to be sitting here typing away on my computer or just sitting and knitting my little heart out, because IT IS in the little things. The little everyday things that we seem to miss. Holding hands with Malachy, waving to my friends and getting just that little smile. It kind of makes your day. Makes me happy to be here. Picking my kids up from school, drinking tea, reading in my favorite spot, getting a phone call from a friend, just to say hi and thinking of you or a text or an email...

What are you thankful for?

Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy and be thankful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely list to be thankful for! I love many of the same things.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN COFFEE??!

Becky L said...

Awe, coffee. Yes, what a wondeful thing to be thankful for