I have not been too faithful to my blog lately and there are some people out there that find it a problem. Me, what's the problem!!?? I have been told that if I have not blogged lately then there are things going on in my life, bad things I guess, that are holding me back from posting. Well alas people, no there are no bad things going on over here at Casa de Craftyloca. No, only good things, it's all good. Yes it is.
I have been working and reading and cooking, yes cooking. There's a lot more of that going on over here too and that's a good thing. I really like to cook, actually the preparing is what I really like. Just as my knitting, I enjoy the process so much more than anything else. I tell you, I could be a sou-chef and be very happy. HMMM....a new career, maybe.
Career, I guess you can call my job that right now. I am enjoying the business of law and find it very interesting.
What else have I been doing, besides not knitting, well let's see....I have been flying kites and going down slides and pushing tire swings. Oh yes and there has been a lot of football throwing around here lately. So yes, you see, I have been busy, very busy with my life, my kids, my work, my cooking!! and just all around enjoying myself. So what's so bad about not posting for a little while?!
I have also seen some great movies. Let's see....Because I Said So, Music & Lyrics, A Good Year...Now I usually don't watch much television. I mean really, who has the time!! Anyway, I have been enjoying the process of just being and laughing and watching movies. For the only reason that they make me happy. The strangest thing is that I find myself watching these same movies over and over again. I am really having a good time.
I have also been decorating or re-decorating at Casa de Craftyloca. I love, love to decorate and to find a new purpose for old things or redefine what something already is. I have decided and this is not a new decision, but rather a new determination of an old decision, to not buy anything new unless necessary. I have been using jars from pasta sauces and jelly, etc.... and using them for my spices. I have been shopping at thrift stores. Malachy and I have been finding the best TREASURES ever and the prices, they might as well give it away. I have found great books and cloth napkins ( which I always use) and great toys and DVDs, the list goes on.... We also went to a designer resale clothing store and I bought a great skirt (I have already worn and gotten compliments on) and little cap sleeve sweater all for under $40.00. Wow, I know!
I also use my own knit dishcloths for the kitchen counters and such. I use them for dusting and for use in the bathroom. I make longer cloths and use them as dish towels. The cotton is less than $2 and they work great. I have to say that my three boys, ages 14, 11, 6, love the little things as I do. They may not always verbalize it, but I know that they enjoy the cloth napkin at every meal and the hand-made towels everywhere. They will make a comment here and there or I will hear them telling their friends that "My Mom made that". I am making market bags from the cotton for myself and my friends.
I always shop at the Farmer's Markets around here. I enjoy talking with the people who actually made the syrup or picked the fruits and vegetables and we can ask them all sorts of questions. My two younger ones love shopping there with me. It is our weekend treat to go and socialize and buy locally.
Well I have been busy and I have been good and there are no bad things going on over here. I hope today finds you happy.
Until next time: Knit-Laugh-Enjoy.
3.28.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
so good to hear from you. glad that things are going well with you. glad also to hear about your commitment to reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose. have a wonderful week.
Its TOTALLY okay that you haven't posted for awhile. Although, I haven't been around reading other blogs lately, so I didn't really notice.
GOSH! People DO have lives to live! LOL So glad to hear you are enjoying life and those kids. You're making special memories for them and that's what is important.
I woud trade the knitting needles ANY DAY for the tire swing.. glad you are having a great time... Enjoy the boys and the time you have together
Hi Corinne,
Cooking, kites, tire swings, movies and thrift shopping sounds like a wonderful life to me. Glad you are well and living green.
Best to you.
Happy Spring!
Whoo... going to tak a nap after reading all of that - especially finding the time AND taking care of 3 boys! You will have to tell me which Farmer's Markets you are going to.
Post a Comment