10.02.2008

Top Three Holiday Things To Think About




As I read Melissa's post today on her blog Inspired Home it had me thinking about what my top three holiday things to think about are. Here are my top three....


MY TOP THREE HOLIDAY THINGS TO THINK ABOUT ARE:

1): Gifts. Yes, Christmas gifts. I love to craft and I love to give. I love to get handmade gifts, especially from my kids. As they grow older they think they need to buy me gifts, but what I really, really love are the little things they do or make for me. Just knowing that they put the thought into making something for me. Even if it is just going out and picking a flower or drawing me a picture, it makes me happy. Those are the things that I will remember and those are the things that I will keep.

2): Family. I always think about my family, but at this time of the year I think about my extended family and what they will be doing for the Holiday's. Well, actually I know exactly what they will be doing, but knowing that I won't be there with them makes my heart ache a little bit. Just knowing that my heart and spirit are always with them makes it just a little better.

3): Season. In the season I mean why we celebrate and what it all means. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. Everyday should be a Holiday that needs celebration. We should always have an open heart and a kind spirit throughout the year with everyone we meet along our journey. We tend to overextend ourselves and become rushed and hurry about our lives. We need to slow down and enjoy. No moment is ever wasted.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Those are wonderful things to ponder....it helps ground us right before the RUSH of the holiday season!