11.07.2008

Books



I love walking into a bookstore or a library and to be surrounded by all of the potential. The potential to learn, to be entertained, to experience, to be swept away.

Currently, what I have next to me...

Water For Elephants,
Cath Kidston' In Print,
The Gentle Art Of Domesticity and
A Salty Piece Of Land.

You can pretty much find me reading or knitting. Glasses on, head down right there in the middle of all the action. We have books in every single room in our house. I never say no to my kids when they want a book. I would rather spoil them with books and, of course, my handknits!

We love searching for books in used bookstores and thrift stores. They bring the promise of creaky wood floors, room after spendid room filled from floor to ceiling with books. When we are done reading, they go right back to the thrift or used bookstore and we get more or we pass them on to others with the promise that they will pass them on.

I have also found two great ways to read for free....
Paperback Swap and BookMooch. These are the ones that I know of, I am sure there are more like them out there.

I have never gotten caught by the "books on audio" bug. No not me. I need a book in my hand, a page to turn and a new world to get lost in.

Until next time: knit-laugh-read-enjoy!

~Corinne

3 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Corinne

Thanks for the great links I can't wait to check them out. I would love to book swap what a great site.
Have a great weekend.

Leciawp said...

Nice post! This is the second or third time I've heard about paperback swap - I really must check it out.

I loved Water For Elephants. You've piqued my curiosity about the other titles.

mysitesrock said...

A couple of those are available for free on PaperbackSwap if anyone is interested:
-Water For Elephants available for free
- A Salty Piece of Land available for free.

The main reason I recommend PaperbackSwap over any other book trading sites is because of there simplicity, size, and selection. Trades are simple- 1:1 for any book or 2:1 for audio books. Size- over 80,000 club members with over 2.5 million books available.
Getting Started is easy: You post 10 books and get 2 free credits to get you started trading quickly.

-Enjoy!

Oh...They also run SwapaCD.com for Trading Used CDs and SwapaDVD.com for Trading Used DVDs